8/03/2007

Another "mini" trip into madness

After an aborted camping trip... suddenly finding myself with nothing to do on a Friday.
"Hey let's go for a ride!... It's only 35c in the shade... why not?"
I will go downtown, up the bike path to Gouin Blv. Go threw Montreal north, Pierrefonds, Senneville, St Anne de Belleview , Bai Durfe, Beaconsfield, Pointe Claire, Dorval, Lachine, Lasalle & back. ( 97km) piece of cake.

- departure 09:00
- arrival 14:30

On my way from St Anne's I ran into a group of cyclists with these fancy bikes and yellow and blue shirts. It was part of some sort of organized "Thingamajig". I rode non stop until Dorval... passing at least 40 of them with my Canadian Tire Supercycle. Was I showing off?... was I trying proove something?... was I insanely jealous of the cool shirts they had? It felt good either way. I was averaging 29km/hr... & I did this after 65km of riding... for about a distance of 30km. I was impressive.

Once I reached home... I got myself one of those really nice Sloche drinks from Couche Tard. (add a little vodka... hmmm)

One hour later I awoke from my coma on my couch in a pool of sweat with one of the worst leg cramps ever...( not so impressive ) with the thought of those yellow & blue jersey's laughing at me. After some soul searching... ( the cramp went away ) I thought to myself.

F*** you Yellow Dudes!... I still blew you're doors off!
Ouch!... still sore.

No comments: