9/04/2007

Young "wipper snapper"

When I picked up my new bike... the young "wipper snapper" behind the counter was all excited to tell me that he had prepared the bike himself... that it was all "adjusted" and ready to go.

Well... ( insert rant here) Not only did the chain grind against metal at any flick of the shifter... Not only were the handlebars as loose as... (insert sexual reference here) Not only where the quick releases just about to release... Not only did the disc brakes grind at rub (perhaps another sexual reference) It took me a week to realize that the tires only had 30 psi. in them. (Actually that was my fault... I honestly thought I was just getting out of shape)
The "adjustments" for the front and rear derailleur where so far out of whack... I had to go to SHIMANO to get the specs in order to do it properly.


Anyhow... let's just say the the maintenance is going to be handled by me from now on... OK!

Yeah... I couldn't wait to get my grubby hands on it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you buy the bike from a Bike Shop? Getting your bike "properly fitted and adjusted" is often touted as one of the main benefits of buying your bike at your Local Bike Shop.

Urbainxavier said...

Yes it was A bike shop... but I believe the main mechanic may have been away. (end of season you know)

A 20 year old told me he had prepared the bike.

Actually I prefer doing it myself... The bike is perfect now. Well as perfect as it can be. Perhaps I've become to picky.