9/13/2007

What's wrong with the way I sit?

I have put about 450km on the Norco.
Lately however I have felt pain in my legs while riding... Am I getting old? (rhetorical... no comments)
Have I somehow over done it? (keep in mind I'm smoking a cigarette & having a beer while writing this) Perhaps some old football injury? (all that bench warming time finally catching up to me)

Apparently... seat positioning could be the cause. I adjusted the seat just like anybody would, for comfort. Well... after speaking to some experts... (guy at work who's biked longer than me)
Just having the seat a few millimeters different from what I had on the Supercycle... could cause this. So I've lowered it a bit & moved it back some... we shall see.

Haven't forgotten the Supercycle...


I bought a new (second hand) shifter. I will get new tire and inner tube over the weekend... maybe next week the repairs will begin.

3 comments:

Urbainxavier said...

Ok... moving the seat back... bad idea... my knees hurt. Let's try forward.

Anonymous said...

Here's a site with very simple instructions for setting saddle height. http://www.ehow.com/how_14103_determine-correct-saddle.html.

Pain in the front of the knee? Saddle too low. Pain at the back of the knee? Saddle too high.

Urbainxavier said...

Thanks... I seem to have sorted it out... but I will take look.