7/07/2007

NOTHING WILL STOP ME!

On Friday I did my usual lunch hour bike ride from Westmount to Ville St Pierre. Apon my return I heard a "Ping!"... not good! The back wheel seemed to be a bit crooked. Apparently I broke a spoke. At first there was no panic... simply something I would have to repair. I got a spoke from a local bike shop in order to repair it. After removing the tire upon further inspection... the spoke was broken on the side were all the gears are... I would have to take apart the whole wheel (bearings & all) . Most bike shops at this time of year have a 3 to 4 day waiting list for repairs... this would not do. (I guess most bikes break down in July?) I took it upon myself to repair it. I got the attachment to remove the gears... and of I went... 3 1/2 hours later of sweat, swearing and blood... I was almost ready to give up & simply buy a new wheel. I was encouraged strongly by my friend Julie to have a "professional" repair it... something about my safety... women!? I believed however I had repaired it properly... I just needed to adjust the bearings better. Well this morning I took it to a "professional"... and he confirmed that my spoke repair was done perfectly... I had simply tightened the bearing bolt to tight. The bike is now repaired... NOTHING WILL STOP ME!

No comments: